Marketing Manager for Comic Retail Chain
Premier Comic Retail Chain seeks Marketing Manager to invigorate our fans and bring in new audiences. Are you a fan of comics? Are graphic novels spilling out of your bookshelves? Do you have experience in event planning and ecommerce marketing? This is the job youíre looking for.
Things From Another World is searching for a smart, outgoing leader for our Marketing team both online and in-store with new ideas, promotions and initiatives. This position is full-time and on-site in our Milwaukie, OR office. Think you have what it takes?
Keys to Success:
- Planned and executed conventions and off-site events
- Planned retail and ecommerce promotions
- Advised and directed design requirements for electronic and printed media
- Managed a team of 3 or more
- Managed marketing budgets for projects as well as a department
- Understand the value and purpose of social media in marketing strategies
- Bachelorís degree with a focus in Marketing, Communication, Business, Internet Marketing or related field.
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Familiarity with the comics, music, gaming and/or pop culture industry
- Self-starter with ability to work independently without supervision
- Demonstrable skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Experience with hiring, developing and supervising personnel.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, creating and delivering presentations, and negotiating with all media.
- Demonstrated moderate skill in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience in analysis of paid search and social media campaigns.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Things From Another World, Inc. has been selling comics, toys and collectibles in our retail stores since 1979, and online since 1998. Our online store is located at www.tfaw.com, and our physical stores are located in Portland, Milwaukie, Beaverton, and Los Angeles.
TFAW is the retail arm of Dark Horse Comics, one of the largest publishers of comics and collectibles in the U.S.
Our comprehensive benefits include full medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K, paid time off, free gym membership, and … free comic books!
Applicant must be local to Portland area (sorry, no relocation). Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
For qualified candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to
Please send your resume, any online examples of your work, and salary requirements in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS
Things From Another World, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer