Dark Horse Comics is looking for experienced python and php developers to join our team in Milwaukie, Oregon. If you enjoy using open source technologies and a creative/casual work environment, we'd love to talk to you!
We use Django for our content delivery platform, digital.darkhorse.com. We also maintain successful iOS and Android apps bringing digital comics to smartphones and tablets. The current team works on a variety of internal and public LAMP-stack projects, such as TFAW.com ecommerce site and Dark Horse Comics corporate website. We rely heavily on the agile development process, which includes code reviews, pairing, daily standups, and tight iterations (managed with Pivotal Tracker) to keep things moving without subjecting everyone to a lot of meetings and heavyweight process.
This is a full-time, salaried position located in our corporate office. For immediate consideration, please send your LinkedIn URL along with any relevant links (GitHub repo list, other portfolio sites), a description of your favorite open source package and how you've used it, your resume in PDF or txt format, and salary requirements to devjobs [at] darkhorse dot com.
- Enhance the functionality and performance of current projects through prioritized feature development
- Collaborate closely with other developers through pairing, code review, test automation, documentation, and planning
- Identify new opportunties to enhance conversion, process efficiency, and scalability of current and new projects
- Assist with requirements gathering, quality assurance and other pieces of the development lifecycle as needed
We expect you to have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge of web technology, including client and server-side development
- Intermediate working knowledge of PHP and understanding code written by someone other than yourself
- Familiarity with version control, project management, and issue tracking tools
- Solid understanding of databases, SQL, and caches (we currently use MySQL, Postgres, Solr, and Memcached)
- Willingness to learn relevant new technologies as needed
Bonus points for experience with:
- DevOps experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Fabric, RabbitMQ and Vagrant
- Supporting and replacing large PHP codebases
- Cloud computing and scaling issues
- iOS and/or Android development
- Excellent medical and other insurance benefits
- Good life/work balance: 40-hour weeks and flexible hours
- Free local gym membership
- Creative, casual work environment with fun co-workers
- Located in downtown Milwaukie with easy access to TriMet bus and Max
- Free comics!
Applicants should be local to Portland metro area, or willing to relocate. We are not currently seeking applications from contractors, virtual employees, recruiters, temp agencies, placement agencies or outsourcing services.
Part-time Retail Sales Associates
(Portland & Beaverton Locations)
Things From Another World (TFAW) is now accepting applications for the position of Retail Sales Associate (up to 15 hours a week), at our Beaverton and Portland, Oregon locations. We are dedicated to excellent customer service and providing an exciting array of comic and popular culture products.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) making appropriate sales recommendations, running a cash register, providing the best customer service to our wonderful customers, keeping the store clean and organized, and promoting Things From Another World.
We'll be making our hiring decision based on experience, personality, product knowledge and availability.
To submit your resume:
***Please disclose which location you are applying to***
- Must have at least one-year of customer service and retail experience.
- Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be motivated, energetic, organized and dependable.
- Must have reliable transportation (Driver's license and own car preferred).
- Must be comfortable engaging the public, and constantly open to improvement.
- Knowledge of comics and pop culture ephemera a definite plus.
Submit your resume and letter of interest to HR-TFAW Retail via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fax to: 503-654-9440 Attn. HR-TFAW Retail
Or mail to: Things From Another World, 10956 SE Main Street Milwaukie, OR 97222 Attn. HR-TFAW Retail
Minimum wage to start with an introductory review at 90 days. Possibility for quarterly sales incentive based on achieved goals. If you match the qualifications required, we'll contact you for an interview.
TFAW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer