Internet Purchasing Manager
Things From Another World, a specialty comics and pop culture retailer, is seeking an Internet Purchasing Manager to join our administrative team. The position will evaluate suppliers based on cost, quality, service, availability, reliability, and selection variety. This position is responsible for procurement of product adhering to agreements and contracts set forth between the company and vendors. Other areas of responsibility include price negotiation, planning, inventory control, quality and factory control.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Preferred Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- Place daily backorders and weekly restock orders with primary distributor (Diamond)
- Update and build Teamwork Retail (internal system) purchase orders
- Monitor and update DH inventory on TFAW.com site
- Process Diamond order and re-order confirmations
- Create and maintain product listing for new, non-Diamond pre-order items
- Maintain and update web inventory; Update records, adjust inventory & costs, pull
items, create transfers and PO’s in Teamwork Retail accordingly
- Communicate pre-orders and variant price lists to appropriate staff
- Review all pre-order cc deadlines to meet requirements. Make adjustments as
- Process authorized returns to Diamond (update systems as needed).
- Process month end DH invoice for Teamwork Retail
- Administering online purchasing systems and General Teamwork Retail updates
- Prepare and enter monthly Diamond previews orders
- Assist Purchasing, and other departments, as needed
- Assist department in developing and implementing purchasing strategies for
- Build and develop relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Help to lower the cost and secure agreements
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 5 + years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Teamwork Retail software
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and MAC OS.
- Good communication and organizational skills coupled with a cooperative, team- oriented attitude
- Analytical and communicative, creative problem solving
- Flexible, ability to work independently and under pressure
- Team player, self-driven, ability to take initiative, enthusiastic and friendly
For qualified candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume, and preferred salary expectations to: email@example.com attention: HR/ TFAW Purchasing. Or mail to: 10956 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222. No phone calls please!