Dark Horse Comics is looking for experienced python and php developers to join our team in Milwaukie, Oregon. If you enjoy using open source technologies and a creative/casual work environment, we'd love to talk to you!
We use Django for our content delivery platform, digital.darkhorse.com. We also maintain successful iOS and Android apps bringing digital comics to smartphones and tablets. The current team works on a variety of internal and public LAMP-stack projects, such as TFAW.com ecommerce site and Dark Horse Comics corporate website. We rely heavily on the agile development process, which includes code reviews, pairing, daily standups, and tight iterations (managed with Pivotal Tracker) to keep things moving without subjecting everyone to a lot of meetings and heavyweight process.
This is a full-time, salaried position located in our corporate office. For immediate consideration, please send your LinkedIn URL along with any relevant links (GitHub repo list, other portfolio sites), a description of your favorite open source package and how you've used it, your resume in PDF or txt format, and salary requirements to devjobs [at] darkhorse dot com.
- Enhance the functionality and performance of current projects through prioritized feature development
- Collaborate closely with other developers through pairing, code review, test automation, documentation, and planning
- Identify new opportunties to enhance conversion, process efficiency, and scalability of current and new projects
- Assist with requirements gathering, quality assurance and other pieces of the development lifecycle as needed
We expect you to have the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge of web technology, including client and server-side development
- Intermediate working knowledge of PHP and understanding code written by someone other than yourself
- Familiarity with version control, project management, and issue tracking tools
- Solid understanding of databases, SQL, and caches (we currently use MySQL, Postgres, Solr, and Memcached)
- Willingness to learn relevant new technologies as needed
Bonus points for experience with:
- DevOps experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Fabric, RabbitMQ and Vagrant
- Supporting and replacing large PHP codebases
- Cloud computing and scaling issues
- iOS and/or Android development
- Excellent medical and other insurance benefits
- Good life/work balance: 40-hour weeks and flexible hours
- Free local gym membership
- Creative, casual work environment with fun co-workers
- Located in downtown Milwaukie with easy access to TriMet bus and Max
- Free comics!
Applicants should be local to Portland metro area, or willing to relocate. We are not currently seeking applications from contractors, virtual employees, recruiters, temp agencies, placement agencies or outsourcing services.