Retail Sales Associates (All Oregon Locations)
Things From Another World (TFAW) is now accepting applications for the position of Retail Sales Associate, for someone who has flexibility to work at any of our Portland, Oregon metro locations. We are dedicated to excellent customer service and providing an exciting array of comic and popular culture products.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) making appropriate sales recommendations, running a cash register, providing the best customer service to our wonderful customers, keeping the store clean and organized, and promoting Things From Another World.
We'll be making our hiring decision based on experience, personality, product knowledge and availability.
To submit your resume:
- Knowledge of comics and pop culture ephemera a definite plus.
- Must have at least one-year of customer service and retail experience. Must be available to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Must be motivated, energetic, organized and dependable.
- Must have reliable transportation (Driver's license and own car preferred). Must be comfortable engaging with a diverse customer base.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to be open to suggestions to improve the store and customer service experience.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
Submit your resume and letter of interest to HR-TFAW Retail via email@example.com
Or fax to: 503-654-9440 Attn. HR-TFAW Retail
Or mail to: Things From Another World, 10956 SE Main Street Milwaukie, OR 97222 Attn. HR- TFAW Retail
Minimum wage to start with an introductory review at 90 days. Possibility for quarterly sales incentive based on achieved goals. If you match the qualifications required, we'll contact you for an interview.
TFAW is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Part time Warehouse Clerk/Driver
Things From Another World is seeking a detail-oriented individual to work in a steady paced, challenging and team oriented warehouse. This is a part time entry-level position for 3 days a week: Tuesday through Thursday, 8-hour shifts.
To perform the daily duties of shipping, receiving, inventory control, material handling and some deliveries and pick-up. Serve the shipping and inventory needs of Things From Another World and its customers in an efficient and professional manner.
Associate Responsibilities: Any other duties that may be assigned
- Pull, verify and package orders.
- Ship orders utilizing a computerized shipping system.
- Process orders on a daily basis.
- Count incoming inventory.
- Stock shelves as needed.
- Perform cycle counts as needed.
- Participate in quarterly and year-end inventory counting periods.
- Maintain accurate shipping files of reports.
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse.
- Drive to off site warehouse and retail locations for pick-up or deliveries.
For consideration, please send your resume to:
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. comfortably
- Perform basic math skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Prior experience with computer manifest systems helpful but not required.
- Must be a team player with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and react
appropriately to the unexpected.
- Valid drivers license (this is a requirement) & be comfortable driving a van.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org attn.: HR/ TFAW Warehouse
Mail to: TFAW HR/ Warehouse, 10956 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222 Fax to: 503-654-9440 attn.: TFAW Warehouse
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!