For interested candidates and for consideration, please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and cover letter via Paylocity. Please be sure to select the appropriate opening that matches your skillset when applying.
Mail to: TFAW HR, 10956 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222
Fax to: (503) 654-9440 attn.: TFAW HR
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
- Magento Developer
- Warehouse Clerk - Full Time / Part Time
Fulll time (salaried or contract)
TFAW and Dark Horse Comics are looking for an experienced Magento 2 developer to join our team in Milwaukie, Oregon. If you enjoy using open source technologies and a creative/casual work environment, we'd love to talk to you!
The current team maintains several internal and external applications, including the TFAW.com retail site, the Dark Horse Comics corporate website, and the Dark Horse Digital comic reader platform. We use the agile development process, which includes code reviews, pairing, daily standups, and tight iterations to keep things moving without subjecting everyone to a lot of meetings and heavyweight process.
- Enhance the functionality and performance of current projects through prioritized feature development
- Collaborate closely with other developers through pairing, code review, test automation, documentation, and planning
- Identify new opportunties to enhance conversion, process efficiency, and scalability of current and new projects
- Assist with requirements gathering, quality assurance and other pieces of the development lifecycle as needed
- Collaborate with internal users on feature requirements and validation of delivered features
We expect you to have the following:
- 2 years experience with the Magento 2 platform
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Deep knowledge of web technology, including client and server-side development
- Familiarity with version control, project management, and issue tracking tools
- Solid understanding of databases, SQL, and caches (we currently use MariaDB, MySQL, Redis, Memcache, Elasticsearch)
- Willingness to learn relevant new technologies as needed
Bonus points for experience with:
- DevOps experience with tools such as Puppet, Fabric, RabbitMQ and Docker
- Supporting and replacing large PHP codebases
- Cloud computing and scaling issues
- Magento Business Intelligence Pro
- Excellent medical and other insurance benefits
- Good life/work balance: flexible hours and hybrid work
- Creative, casual work environment
- Located in downtown Milwaukie with easy access to TriMet bus and Max
- Free comics!
We are considering candidates for a contract or a full-time/salaried position located in our corporate office. Applicants should be local to Portland metro area, or willing to relocate. For immediate consideration, please send your LinkedIn URL along with any relevant links (GitHub repo list or other portfolio sites), a description of your favorite open source package and how you've used it, a snappy cover letter, and your salary requirements here.
Things From Another World is a local specialty pop culture and comic book retailer looking for new people to join our warehouse team. This is a fast-paced position and also offers additional opportunity for overtime and extra shifts during busy seasons. Full Time staff are eligible for health and dental insurance, 401k (with employer matching), vacation time, and employee discounts and comps.
Our warehouse clerks perform a variety of daily duties including shipping, receiving, inventory control and material handling (comics, graphic novels and collectibles). This position plays a key role in serving the shipping and inventory needs of Things From Another World and its customers in an efficient and professional manner.
Immediate openings are available for M-F 7:00am-3:30pm day shifts, M-F 3:30pm-12:00am evening shifts, and weekend shifts 7:00am-5:30pm.
- Pull, verify and package orders (Comics, statues, collectibles, pop culture fun)
- Ship orders utilizing a computerized shipping system
- Process orders on a daily basis
- Count incoming inventory
- Stock shelves as needed
- Perform cycle counts as needed
- Participate in quarterly and year-end inventory counting periods
- Maintain accurate shipping files of reports
- Help maintain a clean and orderly warehouse (safety first!)
- Any other duties that may be assigned
- High School education or equivalent
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. comfortably. Usual is typically up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable with long periods of being on your feet
- Perform basic math skills with high degree of accuracy
- Prior experience with computer manifest systems helpful but not required
- Must be a team player with attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and react appropriately to the unexpected
- Comfortability of long term standing and regular physical movement
Please submit which position you have interest in as a part of your cover letter for consideration