For interested candidates and for consideration, please CLICK HERE to submit your resume and cover letter via Indeed. Please be sure to select the appropriate opening that matches your skillset when applying.
Mail to: TFAW HR, 10956 SE Main Street, Milwaukie, OR 97222
Fax to: (503) 654-9440 attn.: TFAW HR
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
- Retail Sales Associate
- Warehouse Clerk - PM Shift
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE
The Retail Sales Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service and meeting sales quotas by assisting customers with any and all questions about the products and services TFAW offers. Our Retail Sales Associates are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner, both in-store and on social media, that reflects our values of inclusivity, respect, and fun!
Candidates with strong communication skills who can genuinely make customers feel welcome in our store will stand out. You will help identify customer needs, present and answer questions about our products and services, and recommend solutions that meet the customer’s needs. A positive attitude and a desire to promptly resolve potential customer issues or complaints will make you successful in this role. Complaint resolution is a critical part of this position. Turning a frustrated customer into a happy customer, while adhering to company policies, requires a combination of empathy and tact.
Another key responsibility is maintaining the presentation of the sales floor, products, signage, and displays. Ultimately, Retail Sales Associates ensure that customers leave our store satisfied and contribute to the store’s profitability by maintaining a clean, well merchandised store, and meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner, both in the store, and on social media
- Be attentive to ensure the security of the store and the people and product therein
- Greet and direct customers to appropriate offerings
- Meet sales quotas through consultative sales and cross-sells
- Accurately operate the cash register (including promotions, layaways, returns, discounts, and other non-standard till operations)
- Accurate and timely management of customer pull boxes (contact customers who are overdue to pick up box, close delinquent boxes, edit customer requests, timely interaction with Purchasing department, etc.)
- Remain up to date on product, store events and policies, and provide accurate information (e.g. product features, pricing, event info, etc.) to customers
- Answer customers’ questions about specific products/events/launches
- Ensure that all displays are orderly, that there are no gaps in merchandising, and that all racks are fully stocked during hours of operation
- Consistently adheres to daily task list focusing on cleaning and merchandising, to ensure that the store is ALWAYS attractive and professionally presented (including the back room and restroom)
- Available to work at ALL Oregon store locations (CA excluded), and able to work occasional irregular shifts (including inventory, customer events, sales, etc.)
- Foster an inclusive community environment of fun, and creative discovery for ALL of TFAW’s customers
- Actively engage customers on an authentic, human level. Learn their needs and interests and provide ongoing assistance in finding the product they want
- Conduct oneself courteously, ethically, and respectfully in all interactions with customers and co-workers
- Follow instructions in regard to prioritizing tasks. In the absence of instruction, must be able to prioritize tasks at hand to maximize sales and customer service
- Any associate duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of comics and pop culture in general, plus excitement for, and above average knowledge of, at least one specific facet of fandom (e.g. comics, cosplay, gaming, manga, etc.)
- Must possess accountability, empathy, and situation awareness
- Must have at least one-year of customer service and retail experience
- Must enjoy working with the public
- Must be motivated, energetic, organized and dependable
- Must have reliable transportation (Driver’s license and own car preferred)
- Must be comfortable engaging the public, and constantly open to improvement
- This person must also be well organized and be able to handle multiple projects
- Efficient data entry and keyboarding skills are necessary
- The ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) is essential
- Ability to regularly lift up to 50 lbs. comfortably
Warehouse Clerk - PM Shift
We are accepting resumes for full time warehouse clerks for our swing shift from 3:30pm - 12:00am, Monday - Friday. Opportunity for OT and weekend shifts during peak seasons. We are seeking detail oriented individuals to join us in a steady paced, busy and team focused environment.
To perform the daily duties of shipping, receiving, inventory control, material handling and some deliveries and pick-up. Serve the shipping and inventory needs of Things From Another World and its customers in an efficient and professional manner.
- Pull, verify and package orders.
- Ship orders utilizing a computerized shipping system.
- Process orders on a daily basis.
- Count incoming inventory.
- Stock shelves as needed.
- Perform cycle counts as needed.
- Participate in quarterly and year-end inventory counting periods.
- Maintain accurate shipping files of reports.
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse.
- Drive to off-site warehouse and retail locations for pick-up or deliveries.
Associate Responsibilities: Any other duties that may be assigned
- High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs. comfortably
- Perform basic math skills with high degree of accuracy.
- Prior experience with computer manifest systems helpful but not required.
- Must be a team player with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and react appropriately to the unexpected.
- Valid driver license (this is a requirement) & comfortability driving the company van.