* Within the United States, we ship via UPS Express, UPS Ground, FedEx, United States Postal Service, and DHL. Economy and First Class/Priority shipments are initially transported by DHL before being handed off to your local post for final delivery. We also ship to APO/FPO addresses for United States military personnel. TFAW.com also ships to international destinations. For international orders, we ship via DHL World Mail and UPS Worldwide Express.
* Please allow 1-3 business days for order processing. Expedited shipping methods (UPS Next Day, 2nd Day, 3 Day Select, and Worldwide Expedited) are also expedited through our warehouse, and are only subject to 1 business day of processing. All USPS and DHL shipping methods are subject to the regular 1-3 business days of processing time.
* We require that all shipments with merchandise over $200 be sent via UPS for tracking and insurance reasons. There is one exception to this: UPS does not deliver to post office boxes or FPOs. Post office box (P.O. Box) and FPO addresses which have been marked to ship as UPS will be insured and sent via the United States Postal Service using the fastest method your shipping charges will allow.
* Shipping is calculated dynamically based on the current contents of your shopping cart and the destination state/province/country. Simply enter the appropriate destination on the shopping cart page and the available shipping options and pricing will be displayed.
* Sorry, we unfortunately do not ship packages C.O.D, or offer drop shipping on packages.
* Sorry, we can not give refunds for late shipments because the amount of time it takes the mail carrier to complete the delivery is beyond our control.
* Please be aware that our shipping charges include a small handling fee. This is to defray the cost of processing, packaging and shipping your order.
* Keep in mind that international orders may be subject to import duties/taxes by your country. All internationally shipped orders will be accurately labeled for customs purposes, therefore we are unable to mark shipments as 'gift.' Questions regarding rates should be directed to the appropriate department in your government
When pre-ordering/backordering items our system will require you to set up your pre-order shipping preferences to select how you would like your pre-orders to be processed when they are ready to be shipped out to you. After selecting your preferred shipping our system will calculate and automatically choose the least expensive method from the class of your choice.
You can generate an estimate for potential shipping charges for your current pre-orders at any time in the ESTIMATE SHIPPING FOR PRE-ORDERS section of your account.
If ANY of the UPS shipping options are selected by an international customer shipments will be sent via UPS Worldwide Expedited (2-8 business days to arrive in your country, plus additional time for customs processing.) UPS WORLDWIDE EXPEDITED SHIPPING can be a fairly expensive shipping option and is not recommended for packages under $200.
Tracking Your Package
TFAW.com ships via United Parcel Service (UPS), the United States Postal Service (USPS) and DHL. Depending on the method that you selected for your order, you may be able to track the package's progress en route to your shipping address.
If you selected a trackable shipping method, you will receive a tracking number in the email confirmation of your order's shipment. You can use this number to track your package.
Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for your package to become visible within the various carriers' tracking system after leaving our warehouse.
DHL GlobalMail: https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com
*Please be aware that Economy, Parcel Standard, and Parcel Priority shipments do NOT provide guaranteed step by step tracking on their shipments*
Shipping To APO/FPO Address
TFAW.com does ship to APO/FPO addresses. These addresses are considered US addresses. If you have an APO/FPO address do not select the country in which you are currently stationed, simply select "United States". You will only be charged domestic US shipping rates, regardless of where you are stationed.
We send all APO/FPO orders over $200 via USPS Priority Mail w/insurance and delivery confirmation for security reasons.
All shipping times are calculated as business days, which does not include any weekends or holidays.
In the event a package does not arrive within the normal delivery window we do need to wait an additional 5 business days on top of the stated shipping time before we are able to officially declare the package as lost, to allow for any possible delays within the postal system. If your package still has not arrived after this additional week waiting period please contact us for assistance.
If a package is reflected as being 'Delivered' in the tracking information, but has not been received, we do ask that you contact your local post office with the tracking information to inquire on the shipment further. Oftentimes your local post office can assist you in locating the package, and this way there is also a documented record on file of the problem with the shipment. It is also a good idea to check with any neighbors or house mates to see if someone else may have accepted the package on your behalf. If your local post office is not able to assist in locating the shipment please contact us with any findings or information provided by the post office, and we will be happy to assist.
While we do our best to ensure that items are packaged as safely as possible so that they make it to you in the best possible condition, accidents during transit or delivery do sometimes occur unfortunately. In the event you receive an item that has sustained damaged during transit we ask that you CONTACT US within 48 hours of receipt to notify of us the issue so we have the best chance at getting you a replacement! When writing in please provide the shipment number and the specific items that sustained damage, as well as brief description of the damage. You may be asked to send in a couple pictures of the item in question so we can document the damages for our shipping provider or warehouse staff. When sending in pictures of comics please ensure that the items are completely removed from any bags and boards/packaging so the damage can be clearly seen.
In-Store Pickup (Oregon Stores Only)
TFAW.com In-Store Pickup: Have your order shipped to a Things store and get FREE SHIPPING. (Some restrictions apply.)
If you live in the Portland-metro area and have time to wait a couple extra days for your order to arrive you can save on shipping by opting to pick up your order at your local Things store. See our STORE LOCATIONS to find the store nearest you! In-store pickup orders are typically available for pickup within 3-7 business days (not including weekends or holidays) after the order has been placed.
How it works: During checkout you can now select "Pick up In-Store" as your shipping option for in-stock orders on the second page of the checkout process.
If you opt for in-store pickup, after you checkout you will receive three emails from TFAW.com. The first will confirm your order,the second will tell you when we're getting your order ready and the third will tell you when your order has arrived at the Things store you designated. Please check the store hours to see when they are open and don't attempt to pick up your package until you have received this third email.
When picking up your order at a Things store, please bring a photo ID and a print out of the third "Your order is ready" email.
Other In-Store Pickup Details
Orders must be paid in full on TFAW.com with a credit/debit card (you cannot pay for the order when picking it up at the store).
In-Store pickup only applies to in-stock items. Pre-order items, subscription items and backorder items are not eligible. If you wish to pre-order an item for pick up at your local store, you can pre-order it directly from your local Things From Another World store.
Please pick up orders within two weeks of receiving the second "Your order is ready" email. Our stores do not have excess storage room and orders left unclaimed after two weeks may be canceled and you will be charged a 10% re-stocking fee.
TFAW.com In-Store Pickup orders are shipped from our warehouse in Milwaukie, OR to the Oregon Things store of your choice and may take longer than other shipping options. Package tracking is not available. TFAW.com In-Store Pickup orders are not shipped by traditional, direct-to-consumer carriers such as UPS, Fed Ex or United States Postal Service.
While shopping at both the internet store and any of our physical stores you may notice pricing differences. If an item is on sale at TFAW.com but not at a physical store that means it is a special internet-only price. Our In-Store Pickup option now allows Portlanders to take advantage of these special internet deals without having to pay for shipping.
Return policy for In-Store Pickup Orders is a little different. The normal return rules for what we'll accept for a return still apply, but the method of returning the items can be a little different. Please check our RETURN POLICIES page for full details.
Holiday Shipping Schedule
2018 Holiday Customer Service and Shipping Schedule
We want you to get your packages in time for the holidays. Below, you will find our shipping recommendations. Due to the volume of holiday mail, we don't have any control over how quickly your package will be delivered after leaving our warehouse. Please read the information on this page carefully before selecting your shipping method.
To give your package the best chance of arriving at your U.S. destination by December 24th, we strongly recommend that you review the following information before selecting your shipping method. Please complete your purchase on or before the following deadlines at 11:59pm PST for each shipping method:
- November 28th - Economy
- December 6th - UPS Ground
- December 6th - DHL Ground
- December 12th - Priority/First Class
- December 12th - DHL Expedited
- December 17th - UPS 3-Day
- December 18th - UPS 2nd Day
- December 19th - UPS Next Day
Please note that we cannot guarantee any delivery times due to holiday volume. These deadlines represent our best recommendations for arrival by December 24th based on our experience with the postal carriers.
Pre-order shipments may be delayed by one to two days for the week of 12/25/18 and 1/1/19 due to holiday closures by our main distributor.
All international orders should also be placed as soon as possible, regardless of delivery method. We are unable to guarantee international delivery before Christmas due to the volume of packages, delays in customs, etc.